How Has Technology Changed the Educational Process?Information technologies open up new horizons for people - not only in work but also in education. With the spread of the Internet, the organization of education has undergone significant changes. Nowadays it is not a problem to find good topics for a research paper with just one click.
How remote educational technologies are used today and what are their advantages? Let's have a closer look at the role of innovative technologies in the organization of the educational process. The remote technologies in education have significantly expanded its capabilities.
In the modern world, you can get an education from anywhere in the world.
Despite the fact that the traditional forms of education do not give up their positions, distance learning technology is becoming more and more popular today. Information and communication technologies are an important part of the modernization of education.
These are various devices and methods of information processing, first of all - computers with necessary software and telecommunications facilities along with the information they provide. Thanks to them there is a remote interaction of teachers and students, in other words – it is possible to be educated remotely.
Electronic and Distance Educational TechnologiesThe application of information and communication technologies in education involves several options. Originally, the term "e-learning" was meant to be computer-based learning, but as technology evolved, the meaning of this notion expanded. Now e-learning covers a lot of educational technologies that can be conditionally divided into two groups - synchronous and asynchronous.
- Synchronous e-education: this is distance learning in real time. It is very similar to the usual full-time education; the only difference is that the participants in the process are at a distance from each other. The widely disseminated webinars are the most vivid example of this form of education. For the organization of lectures, special software is used.
- Asynchronous e-education: this is a learning process in which a student receives all the necessary information from online sources or from electronic media (such as CDs, DVDs or flash cards) and independently regulates the pace and timetable for mastering the material. Nowadays, e-learning has become an integral part of the educational process in many universities, it has also found application in the development of skills - in some corporations there are departments, which task is to organize e-learning for employees.
What are the Benefits of Distance Learning Technologies?Distance learning is a broader concept than E-Learning: it is a synthesis of interactive self-learning and intensive counseling support. Thus, e-learning can be considered one of the tools of distance education. Distance learning is a set of technologies that ensure the delivery of the main volume of educational material to the trainees and provide an interaction of trainees and teachers in the learning process. In this case, the delivery of benefits can be carried out without the participation of computers and the Internet.
Training with the use of remote technologies has many positive aspects:
- The opportunity to study in a place of residence: Not always the residents of the province have the opportunity to go to a large city for admission to the institute. Distance technologies in education allow you to study without leaving your hometown.
- The ability to combine work and study: Students have the opportunity to receive an education without interruption - this is especially true for those who want to improve their qualifications or get a second higher education.
- Access to high-quality technologies and educational content: A student can be trained on quality teaching materials, communicate with teachers and make an individual curriculum.
- Objectivity of certification: Distance learning technology presupposes constant monitoring of the quality of knowledge acquisition, impartial evaluation of results thanks to the automated knowledge assessment procedures that exclude human factors.
- Individual approach to training: Flexible schedule, the ability to combine study and work, as well as the adaptation of training products to the individual tempo of assimilation of information make distance learning convenient for everybody.
Will the Machines Be Able to Substitute Teachers in the Future?Despite the large amount of data in the global network, people should be watching the quality of information. And that’s where technology is going to be helpful. Teachers of educational institutions working in classes with about 30 people have to follow the educational program without the possibility to pay attention to each person.
In countries such as China, Japan, and India, thousands of young people find it difficult to get an education due to a lack of qualified teachers and an overabundance of pupils in classes. Artificial intelligence flexibly adjusted for each trainee can help them to acquire the necessary knowledge.
Google adapts search results for geolocation, Amazon recommends buying based on the previous search; Siri analyzes the user's commands. Today's artificial intelligence understands human needs. Artificial intelligence will be able to analyze the pupil's abilities by adjusting the individual training program.
Machine learning algorithms can collect test data and user progress to provide the right tasks at the right time. In the next 10 years, it is impossible to imagine the exclusion of the human factor in the educational environment. However, in the long run, artificial intelligence is likely to replace the traditional system of education we have today.