One often wonders that what if such technologies could also be used for personal learning.This would not only enable students to improve retention, but also they can master a particular topic or else could understand the subject matter better with repetitions.
Not only students, but educational institution, all around the world are highly recognized the importance of such education values. The principal task is to examine solutions available in the market to find the best one.
|Record Classroom Lectures|
The Best Solution:
In this case lecture video recorder comes up as the best answer. Lecture recording is the process of capturing the visual and audio components of a lecture. Two basic components of a lecture recording process are:
- Hardware: It consists of the capturing equipment, the server, repository and the viewing component. These instruments are microphone and video input. A lecture recorder capture analog signals, digitize them and let one view the same by further processing through the software.
- Software: Software processes the captured signals and works in synergy with the hardware to provide an effective recording and broadcasting service if required.
- Synchronous: It refers to the process when at the time of recording, the lecture is broadcast to a live audience.
- Asynchronous: A recorded lecture can be assessed after the recording has been made.
A large number of solutions are available today for performing this activity. These can be mainly listed in the following categories of equipment:
- Systems which can be integrated with room and are portable
- Course management systems
- Screen Casting systems
- It aids in recording presentations, lectures and training.
- Recorded content can be uploaded on internet and a vast range of users can view and benefit from it.
- One can make the self assessment regarding the movements and voice pitch after recording a presentation made by the same person.
- Institutes can add important lectures in their course management systems. They can also keep a check on the quality of education being imparted at their institute.
- The audience can watch the content anytime and anywhere. Training can even be published on different platforms and in different formats.
Moreover, they have an amazing ability to make a student's life a whole lot easier. And at the same time they can also be used to create an archive of all lectures for the purpose of accountability and educational purposes, which could benefit the educational institutions.